Mount Pleasant Vet Centre (Gelenggang)
Our team consists of a veterinary specialist in canine medicine, senior vets with memberships in small animal internal medicine and surgery, as well as vets with special interests in ultrasonography, oncology, critical care and minimally invasive procedures including stent placement.
At MPVG, we aim to provide progressive and comprehensive veterinary care through the practice of evidence-based medicine with the most advanced veterinary technology. We believe that excellence in patient and client care can only be achieved by investing in continuing education for our team, and offering client education and support.
As a Group, we believe in helping community animals and the people who are protecting them by providing the best vet care possible and giving back to community through charity programmes and partnerships.
At Mount Pleasant Vet Centre (Gelenggang), we offer a complete range of routine medical and surgical services including:
- General consultation
- Vaccination (including rabies vaccination for export purposes)
- General health screening
- International export certification
- Microchip implantation
- Ophthalmic examination
- Digital radiography
- Dental scaling and extraction
- Soft tissue surgery
- Orthopaedic surgery
- AVA-approved quarantine facility
- House Call Visit
Our Medical Referral Service, headed by Dr Anthony Goh, focuses on the diagnosis and management in areas of cardiology, endocrinology, gastroenterology, haematology, infectious disease, medical oncology, nephrology and neurology. Our team of vets and technicians are trained to manage complex and intensive medical cases. 24-hour care is provided for all in-house patients.
You may be referred to a specialist if your pet’s health problem is more complex and requires additional expertise and/or specialised equipment. Your pet may be referred for a diagnostic procedure, or for both investigation and treatment. The aim of our referral service is to complement or be an extension of veterinary care already provided by your vet. As we do not replicate services of your regular vet, specialists do not usually provide basic care such as vaccinations, spays or neuters.
We are equipped to carry out advanced diagnostics and have an extensive veterinary pharmacy. We work closely with leading veterinary specialists around the world in areas of cardiology, radiology, oncology and internal medicine. Our on-site diagnostic services include a dedicated veterinary laboratory, diagnostic imaging centre and a full endoscopy suite (rigid and flexible).
- Digital Radiography
- Computed Tomography (CT)
- Ultrasound, Echocardiography
- Advanced radiological procedures including myelogram, epidurogram, excretory urography, retrograde cystography
- Access to 3 Tesla MRI
- Advanced biopsy procedures including ultrasound guided biopsy, bone core and marrow biopsy, CSF collection and arthrocentesis
- Chemotherapy facilities
- Blood products (packed red cells, fresh frozen plasma, platelet-rich plasma) and snake antivenin
- Intensive care facilities including oxygen supplementation, blood gas analysis, SurgiVet® monitoring systems
- Endoscopy - gastroduodenoscopy, colonoscopy, cystoscopy, rhinoscopy, bronchoscopy
If you would like a referral, please speak with your veterinarian. Your pet receives the best care when you, your regular vet and our vet specialist work closely together. We will communicate with your vet regarding our clinical findings and ongoing treatment for the referred problem.
DR NATHALEE PRAKASH, Veterinary Specialist, Small Animal Internal Medicine, is available for referral at Mount Pleasant Vet Centre (Gelenggang). Call us at 6251 7666.
Our surgical team is headed by Dr Dennis Choi and supported by a specially trained team of surgeons and veterinary technicians. Our team works with state-of-the-art surgical equipment and facilities including Synthes® (Swiss precision instruments) orthopaedic and neurosurgical units, Valleylab® electrosurgery unit, operating microscope and a Cardell® multifunction digital anaesthetic monitoring system. We are equipped with digital radiography, fluoroscopy, CT (computed tomography) and access to top-of-the-line 3 Tesla MRI for better surgical planning.
- In-depth diagnostic work-up and consultation with Dr Choi and team
- General and advanced orthopaedic surgery including fracture repair, arthrodesis, corrective osteotomies, knee and hip surgeries, neurosurgeries (spinal surgeries)
- Advanced soft tissue surgeries including the liver, kidney, intestines, bladder and prostate
- Thoracic/airway surgeries such as laryngeal tie back, lung lobectomy and thoracic oesophageal surgeries
- Reconstructive surgeries for congenital defects such as cleft palate and brachycephalic airway obstructive syndrome
- Various oncological and reconstructive surgeries including radical resection of tumour and reconstructive skin flaps
- Surgeries for chronic conditions such as total ear canal ablation and bulla osteotomy for end-stage ear disease, and subtotal colectomy for constipated cats
If you would like a referral, please speak with your veterinarian. Your pet receives the best care when you, your regular vet and our referral vet work closely together. We will communicate with your vet regarding our clinical findings and ongoing treatment for the referred problem.
DR DENNIS CHOI, Veterinary Surgeon, is available for referral at Mount Pleasant Vet Centre (Gelenggang). Call us at 6251 7666.
Our laboratory team comprises certified laboratory technicians with previous work experience in human hospitals. We are equipped with the most comprehensive range of diagnostic tests and advanced in-house analysers from IDEXX Laboratories in Singapore. We utilise the latest ProCyte Dx® haematology analyser which requires smaller volumes of blood and runs tests in just two minutes so as to provide your pet with real-time veterinary care. Our centre is equipped with an in-house refrigerated centrifuge machine and we are able to separate blood into three different components (packed red cells, fresh frozen plasma and platelet-rich plasma) to better cater to the varied nature of medical cases here.
IDEXX VETLAB IN-HOUSE LABORATORY
- Laboratory Information Management System - IDEXX VetLab® Station
- Haematology - Procyte Dx®
- Chemistry - Catalyst®, Catalyst One®
- Coagulation - Coag Dx®
- Ionised Calcium and Blood Gas - VetStat®
- Total T4, Cortisol and Bile Acids - SNAPshot Dx®
- Canine and Feline Pancreas-specific Lipase - SNAPshot Dx®
- Fructosamine Test
- Phenobarbital Test
- SNAP® Feline NT ProBNP Test
- SDMA (Symmetric dimethylarginine assay)
- C-Reactive Protein
IMMUNOASSAY FOR INFECTIOUS DISEASE
- SNAP® 4Dx® - Heartworm Disease, Ehrlichiosis, Lyme Disease and Anaplasmosis
- SNAP® FIV/FeLV Combo Test
- SNAP® Parvovirus Test
- Canine Distemper
- Feline Coronavirus
POLYMERASE CHAIN REACTION (PCR) FOR INFECTIOUS DISEASE
- Babesia Gibsoni
- Blood Typing
- Cross Matching
- Transfusion (whole blood, plasma, platelet-rich fraction)
- Canine Direct Antiglobulin Test (Coombs Test)
- Skin Scraping
- Ear Cytology
- Blood Smear
- Fine-needle Aspirate
FAECAL, URINE AND BODY FLUID ANALYSIS
We encourage you to make an appointment to reduce your waiting time which can vary during peak hours. Priority is given to emergencies and clients with appointments. For consultations with a senior veterinarian, please book your appointment at least 2 weeks in advance. You will receive an SMS confirmation or telephone call 3 days prior to your appointment. Kindly inform us if you decide to cancel your appointment.
Towels, mats, food and water bowls are available for our patients. We do not encourage leaving your pet’s belongings in the clinic as items may be misplaced.
We kindly request all clients to adhere to our visiting hours. We may limit the number of visitors and duration of visits to ensure that our patients receive sufficient rest and timely treatment.
MONDAY TO FRIDAY
1.00pm - 2.00pm
5.30pm - 7.30pm
SATURDAY, SUNDAY, PUBLIC HOLIDAY
2.00pm - 4.00pm
We see communication as one of the most important aspects in client care. Please discuss your pet’s condition and treatment plan with your vet-in-charge during visiting hours or via phone calls. Kindly nominate someone to be the primary person with whom our vet discusses the case.
Our vets are required to consult at our outpatient clinic, perform surgeries and attend to emergencies. We seek your understanding and patience if they are unable to answer your enquiries immediately. General updates on your pet’s status may be obtained from our vet technicians who are caring for our patients.
A deposit is collected at the time of admission to cover part of the estimated bill. The amount will vary with each patient, depending on the expected procedures and level of care. While we endeavour to provide an accurate estimate, a top-up of the deposit may be required if your pet requires an extended stay or when the cost exceeds the initial quotation.
Veterinary treatment can be expensive especially when the illness is serious. We strongly advise you to keep track of your pet’s medical bill by enquiring at the reception regularly. Please discuss any cost concerns with our vet during consultation so that we can better manage your pet's treatment plan together.
We accept the following modes of payment:
3) Credit Card
Payment of the bill must be made in full at the time of discharge. For outpatient consultation, payment of the bill is required at the end of consultation.
2 Jalan Gelenggang
Monday to Friday
9.30am - 12.30pm
2.00pm - 4.30pm
6.30pm - 8.30pm
Saturday & Sunday
9.30am - 12.30pm
2.00pm - 4.30pm
Last registration for consultation is 30 minutes before closing time. Surcharge applies for walk-ins after the last registration. For after hours and emergencies, please call 6251 7666.
Nearest MRT: Marymount and Ang Mo Kio
Bus Service: 163, 167, 169, 640, 855, 980
Join Our Team
We seek motivated individuals who want to practice evidence-based medicine and develop themselves further in the profession. Interested candidates may email their resume to email@example.com
Veterinarian (Full-time / Part-time)
- At least 1 to 2 years experience
- Able to work on rotation basis which may include overnight duties and public holidays
- The position is suitable for someone working towards a membership
- Remuneration will depend on qualification and experience
Veterinary Intern (Full-time)
- A veterinary degree recognised by AVA
- Successful candidate will undergo a 12-month rotating internship programme under the supervision of senior veterinarians with post-graduate qualifications in surgery, medicine and critical care.
- Able to work on a roster basis which may include overnight duties and public holidays
- Remuneration will depend on qualification and experience